Kindergarten Registration for 2023-2024
Grainger County Schools will officially kick off our Kindergarten enrollment for 23.24 school year on March 16. Children that will reach five years of age on or before August 15, 2023, will be eligible to attend Kindergarten next year. In Tennessee, a child entering kindergarten shall be no less than five (5) years of age on or before August 15. However, a child does not have to enroll in school at five (5) years of age, but enrollment must occur no later than the beginning of the academic year following the child's sixth birthday.
Kindergarten is mandatory for all students in Tennessee. Our enrollment process is done online. Parents of incoming Kindergarten students can enroll their child(ren) by accessing the online enrollment form on the Grainger County Schools system website (www.grainger.k12.tn.us) or the website of the school the child will attend. For registration into Bean Station Elementary School's Kindergarten classes, click on the school info tab above and select online enrollment. If parents need assistance with the enrollment process, they should contact the school where their child will enroll and attend. If parents prefer a paper form for enrollment or need assistance with the online process, they can visit BSE between 3:30 and 6:30 on March 16.
After enrollment form is completed, parents should continue to check school websites periodically for updated information and opportunities that may be available for incoming Kindergarten students in the summer or at beginning of next school year. Once a family has completed enrollment form and provided contact information, they may receive follow up information from Grainger County Schools or Bean Station Elementary. This information may be provided to parents by mail, call or text, etc. Parents can also call our central office at 828-3611 if they have questions.
Every Child! every day! A Success!
Our Mission at Bean Station Elementary School is to assist each student in mastering academic and social learning goals at each grade level in a safe and positive environment.
The Vision of Bean Station Elementary School is to foster an environment that encourages students, teachers, and the community working together providing a safe, nurturing school where every individual can be successful.
Teachers should incorporate a variety of learning activities to support various levels of multi-intelligences through curriculum, instructional practices, and educational research.
- Assessment practices should drive teachers' instructional strategies in the classroom.
- That every student should have an opportunity for challenging instruction and high expectations that are based on proven practices and educational research.
- Teachers, administrators, parents and community members should al share in the decision making process.
- Every student should feel successful everyday.
- Students will become responsible for their own learning. enabling them to become contributive citizens.
- It is essential to have policies in place to provide a safe, drug-free, and disciplined environment for all students, staff and community.
- In providing educational programs that will prepare students for an ever changing technological world.